All About DCTJoy.Com
DCTJoy.Com is an all encompassing fan tribute, founded in 2002, to the Japanese musical supergroup Dreams Come True. The site’s purpose is to provide fans, both old and new, with access to the largest English language information base dedicated to the group lovingly refered to by its fans as DCT and Dorikamu.
Everything you could want about Dreams Come True is available: single and album information, indepth views into each of the members, samples of the group’s music, the group’s extension into the English music world, and much, much more. DCTJoy is also here to provide a place where DCT fans from around the world can come and talk with their fellow fans, courtesy of the DCTJoy Forums.
Please enjoy your stay and enjoy the Joy that is Dreams Come True! If you’d like to get in contact with the DCTJoy Staff, please drop us a line or introduce yourself on the DCTJoy Forums.
Creator of DCTJoy.Com
DCTJoy.Com creator Jay Fubler Harvey is a long time Dreams Come True fan, coming across the group when a pen pal introduced him to some songs from The Swinging Star. DCTJoy is the result of his long time desire to pay tribute to the wondrous Dorikamu duo who had given him so much joy over the years.
A web developer by trade, he is best known as the creator of the world famous Anime Web Turnpike (AniPike), which was widely considered the most popular, respected and influential Japanese animation and manga English language web site in the world during the 1990s and early 2000s. He also ran The Daily Multiracial, a daily journal featuring multiracial, biracial, mixed race and multiethnic individuals throughout the world who are known to be famous, noteworthy and/or interesting.
Jay’s an avid movie buff, music devourer and theater fan. He loves to travel, especially to the playground of Las Vegas and even overseas (Japan, Egypt and Hawaii hold special places in his heart). He worships at the altar of sushi, is enthralled/disgusted by politics, and enjoys exploring metropolis of Chicago, where a night of danceable Blues-R&B ain’t such a bad time.
Jay’s non-DCT musical influences come from all genres and decades: Spyro Gyra, Earth, Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Prince, Doobie Brothers, Parliament/Funkadelic, Basia, Robert Randolph and The Family Band, Ozomatli and The Black Keys.
- Miwa & Masa: For the music, the joy…for everything
- Akiko, Reiko & others: For providing such great help and wonderful opportunities and experiences
- DCTJoy Forum members: For continuing to keep the fires burning all these years!
- Cori: For providing romanization (and translation) the vast majority of the lyrics available. You were a godsend!
- Other Lyrics:
- Kohaku: For your romanization of beauty & harmony 2 album
- Jentutu: For your transcription of Monster -universal mix- album
- STLyrics: For your transcription of the Eternity track
- CD Japan: For providing such easy access to the latest & greatest of Japanese music